Saturday 13 December 2014

MobileMagic: Ho Ho Ho...

Before you read on, I’d love it if you would consider supporting Child’s I with a small monthly donation. They are an amazing small organisation working in Uganda to help abandoned babies be reunited with their families. If no family members can be traced, then Child’s I find a foster or adoptive family. Child’s I are small and really passionate about what they do. I love them.



Please text PDG to 70002 to give £3 a month via your mobile phone. In return you will get updates on the amazing work you’re helping fund sent directly to your phone. Simple.



Thanks for considering a donation to Child's I. Here is the news...

I love this. It’s long. Not necessarily all about mobile but a critical read IMHO for anyone doing whatwe do. And then this response to the article from the amazing people at the Mobilisation Lab.

Device enables commuters to donate to charity with their spare subway credit. This isn’t the future of fundraising – but it’s a very good idea.


Addicted to your smartphone? You need to read this. Another we’re all ‘obsessed by our phones’ angle.

3 things you can learn about online donors from #GivingTuesday. So. According to this. PC donors give in the morning. Mobile ones in the evening.

Google Helping users find mobile-friendly pages. Google will now punish you if your site doesn’t work on a mobile telephone. So you know what to do.

Walmart sees 70pc of Thanksgiving traffic from mobile. Not a Black Friday story. Black Friday is ridiculous. Ignore the Black Fridayness. The story is the continued rise of mobile traffic.

The Apps on your home screen tell your story. I like this and I’d like to see yours. Email it to me (please).

Salvation Army leverages text-to-give to drive holiday donations. It’s starting to happen on the other side of the pond…

Girl Scouts’ Digital Cookie to boost mobile sales. More stateside mobile charityness.

Tesco Tests Mobile Payments with the Lunchtime Rush. Magazine Apparently QR Codes aren’t quite dead. I even scanned one the other day.

And please consider a £3 a month gift to Child's I via your mobile phone. To set it up please text PDG to 70002. In return you will get updates on the amazing work you’re helping fund sent directly to your phone. Simple.

Mobile giving T&Cs.

You will be charged £3 plus one message at your standard network rate in the first month, and £3 a month thereafter unless you choose to skip a month. Child’s I will receive 100% of your donation. To unsubscribe reply STOP to 70002.

No comments:

Post a Comment